Friday, August 20, 2010

My 40K Background

Welcome to my Space Wolves blog! I intend this blog to be a record of my 40k battles as well as the hobby side of the game. I'll include battle reports, tactics, painting guides and various other things that I see fit to write about.

I first started 40k back in 2nd edition. Back then I had an Ultramarines army along with a decent sized Eldar force. I regularly played against my friends Chaos Space Marines army. Unfortunately he lost interest and I soon followed suit. It wasn't until about a year ago when I was moving some things out of my parents house that I found all my old models in various stages of paintwork. I decided to list them on eBay along with some other bits and pieces. It was while doing this that I was speaking to a friend of mine who was going through a similar process. We decided that we'd have a quick 1000pt game of Eldar vs. Marines just as a send off for my miniatures.

Needless to say we loved every minute of it! I decide now was the time to start up the hobby again since unlike in my early teens I now had a steady income that could be spent on miniatures (much to my fiance's disgust).

I set about bolstering my old Eldar army with some of the newer models that were around. My friend started to collect together some Blood Angels second hand from eBay. It wasn't long before we discovered that we were now on 5th edition (my codexes and rulebook were from 3rd). We picked up the new rulebook and we were away. After a couple of months our armies had built up to a decent size and we decided to branch out a little. I moved on to collect Tau and he started buying up Imperial Guard. He's since started an Ork army with all three of his armies exceeding 3000pts.

I remember from when I first started playing that I'd always liked the look of the Space Wolves figures and when the new codex was released I picked up a copy. Having very limited willpower it didn't take long before I'd placed a large order with Dark Sphere to give me a 2500pt force.

I hastily painted up as much as I could so that I could have my first battles with them against Blood Angels and Imperial Guard.

That pretty much covers my 40k story up until now. I've raced through things a little bit because it largely doesn't involve many Space Wolves! I intend this blog to be a story of what I'm learning as an old school 40k player getting used to a new army.

At some point over the weekend I'll try and get some pictures of my army up and follow it with some of my army lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...