Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Blood Angels Models (actually new this time)

Unlike the tired old re-releases we've received the Blood Angels have landed themselves some new kits. The Stormraven and Furioso dreadnought (both multi-part plastic) have appeared on the Advanced Orders list on the GW website. In addition BA fans can now get their armies off to a good start with the new battleforce that includes 5 jump pack assault marines, 5 death company, a tactical squad and the workhorse Rhino tank for £60. Not a bad little set to start you off but it does lumber you with a tactical squad. Personally I'd be making them into foot slogging assault marines with whatever bits I could get my hands on but other seem to like tactical marines for some reason - they're no grey hunters thats for sure!! These kits will be available from 5th Feb 2011.

This isn't really an earth-shattering revelation since you'd have to have been living under a rock not to have seen the Stormraven spread across the blogosphere. There's been much debate about the look of the thing but I personally think it's in-keeping with other Space Marine vehicles in that it's chunky, ugly and clearly more substance than style. Of equally fierce debate was the idea that other chapters might get to use the Stormraven. It'd be nice to see it in Space Wolf colours and it'd make skyclaws a bit more worthwhile. I'd certainly be very tempted to get one anyway. It's a little on the pricey side mind you (no surprise since it's going to be in high demand and GW aren't daft) and it's a bit unfair that it's more expensive than a valkyrie at £41.

The dread kit looks nice with a good number of options to make some unique looking furioso dreads as well as allowing BA players the ability to create a proper librarian dread (though there are some nice conversions knocking around). I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a left over blood talon from ebay to make my dread look a bit more like Bjorn. In general I'm in favour of the plastic kits for dreads since the old ones were a ball-ache to assemble and heavy as hell.

I'm not naive enough to hold my breath for some new Space Wolf models any time soon but if GW could get round to it at some point I'd be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike! I was planning to get some Blood Claws for my Space Wolves dreads too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...