Monday, January 31, 2011

Tournament Preparations - Grey Hunters & Rune Priest

As I mentioned yesterday I've been working on getting my army ready for the GW doubles tournament in a few weeks. We've hopefully got a warm-up game on the 5th against the guys from C&F. Failing that Matt and I will trial it against some of our other armies but that's obviously not a very realistic test when we can rig the deck as it were. 
GW insists on every army being fully painted so I've been making sure mine will be up to scratch. I've got another long fang to build and paint (probably a day's work) and then a vehicle to finish off (another day probably). I'm easily going to get everything done but it's frustrating because all I want to do is get my Thunderwolves painted!! The plasma gun grey hunter above is the first thing I sorted. Part of me thinks it probably should've been a flamer but I lack the parts for that even if I wanted to change it. Anyway, I'm happy with how he looks so I can't complain.


I've also painted a couple of Wolf Standard greys. I didn't use them at Freebootaz so it'll be a good test of their effectiveness. If I'm not convinced then I may change things around and spent the points elsewhere but they needed painting so it was a way of motivating me! I initially thought of doing the banners differently and I think it I do another I'll probably do black wolf on a yellow background with a red outline. The only thing left to do on these hunters is free hand a Ragnar's company logo onto the shoulders but I'm going to have to psyche myself up to it and really I'll have to do all the grey hunters as I'm not happy with the transfers because, well, they're rubbish.


Also, in order to ensure I'm totally WYSIWYG I've taken the replaced the plasma pistol that comes with the model. It was a simple case of trimming down a bolt pistol from the wolf pack sprue and gluing it on. Barely enough to call it a conversion to be honest. I'd already painted him so it was just a case of painting the gun and arm up.

On a final note I'm going to have to invest in a daylight bulb for my painting lamp because it isn't doing my any favours painting in the harsh light I've got at the moment. I'll also be able to use it to light my models properly so that I can take some decent photos of them for a change! Not to mention making up a little backdrop of white card to show them off properly.

3 comments:

  1. I'm liking the dynamic "gruff" look these guys have. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Tournament are you prepping for?

    You SW are looking real nice, far better than mine....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm prepping for the Warhammer 40,000 Doubles Tournament being run by GW at Warhamer World.

    Thanks for the comments both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...