Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Land speeder inbound! - Tournament Painting Finished

In preparation for the Warhammer 40,000 Doubles event this weekend I've finally gotten round to painting up my Space Wolves Land Speeder. I'm pretty happy with it, or at least I was until I saw this. Mind you I'd always describe myself as a gamer first and painter second. I'm interested to see if our adapted list will fare as well as the old one did at Freebootaz. I think the most exciting thing about the tournament for me is that GW insist on all armies being fully painted. Hopefully this will mean that we'll play against some awesome looking armies. That and hopefully we'll crush them but I'll settle for some nice photos! 

Anyway onto the pictures:
In case anyone was wondering the hull of the vehicle was painted with my standard 50:50 mix of Shadow Grey and Space Wolves Grey. I then painted all the metal work Boltgun Metal before. Some of the metal work is Chaos Black with a Boltgun Metal drybrush to give some different finishes particularly inside the cockpit. The yellow bits are Tausept Ochre and the red bits are pure Mechrite Red. The chest eagles on the marines are Scorched Brown followed by Bleached Bone then a Devlan Mud wash. The face is Elf Flesh and the hair is Blazing Orange and both have more Devlan Mud wash. Finally, the aquila is my current method of painting gold which is Scorched Brown, Shining Gold then Devlan Mud wash.

I'd like to add a bit of battle damage to it and some black drybrushing to the front to give the effect of scorching/movement. I'd also like to drill out the gun barrels but this is the same for all my models and therefore I'll probably do up the whole army at a later date.

As I've mentioned, the completion of this model means my half of our tournament army is finished but more exciting than that is the fact that I've now got nothing standing in the way of painting my Thunderwolves!! I just need to get some more SW backpacks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...