Friday, March 25, 2011

Blog Wars - Sunday 5th June 2011 - Confirmed!

Had an email from Maelstrom yesterday and Blog Wars is now officially confirmed for Sunday 5th June 2011. So far I've had just over 20 people express an interest in attending so at least we'll all get different opponents for our 3 games. Anyway, I'm away this weekend but once I'm back I'll sort out ticketing for the event and try and put some sort of PDF together as an event pack. As mentioned on the page I've decided to go for a £15 entry. £7.50 of this goes on the food for the day and the rest will be put into the prize pot. Tickets will be available via PayPal and if, for any reason, the event doesn't go ahead I'll happily refund every penny.

I've booked enough tables for 40 gamers so there's still space for more people. I hope we can get somewhere close to this number as then we can get some really juicy prizes for the winner of the tournament and various awards. 

I've had an email asking if Imperial Armour (Forge World) armies will be allowed at this event. I have to say I'm not familiar with IA armies so I wouldn't know whether or not this would be acceptable. Feel free to let me know your opinions on it but if I don't have a strong (and reasonable) objection to it then I don't see why not. This is meant to be a friendly tournament after all. 

Thanks again to all those people who have posted about it. I very much appreciate your help in spreading the word. The more people who find out about this the better the prizes will be. Remember I'm not going to be making ANY money from this so it's all prize fund! 

Finally, I need your help. There's going to be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd plus a prize for best painted army. I'd like there to be some other awards too e.g. Most Crushing Victory and Slimmest Margin of Victory but since these are all a bit standard I'm open to suggestions. I'd love to do something to award the best Special Character in both painting/conversion and table top performance. Feel free to comment/email with your suggestions for other awards.

2 comments:

  1. I think given this is the first event of it's kind, you'll probably do well to try and keep things a little simpler.
    If you are after more prize opportunities, I would try to make then things that you can do though out the day, such as best conversion/character. It'll be easier on you then having to go through 30+ sets of results sheets at the end of the day.
    Also, Ken Morley/Firewasp (www.Ignatum.blogspot.com) and Ian Connolly/Scotchjon (www.needmoretanks.blogspot.com) will be coming :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally would avoid FW and IA stuff for the simple fact that not everyone has access to such things - books/rules and models.

    It's mainly the paper work and FAQ's regarding FW that's the problem IMO.

    As for other prizes at the UKGT just gone they had spot prizes for things such as 1st to......
    Lose
    First to kill most expensive enemy unit
    Fist to kill a HQ
    etc......


    John
    http://blood-claw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...