Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dark Eldar Wracks Painted

As promised here's a couple of shots of my Dark Eldar wracks that I've recently finished. I did take a whole pile of photos of them but my photography skills aren't great. On that note if anyone can offer any tips or point me in the direction of an article that tells me how that'd be really appreciated. I mean it could just be my camera but it's pretty decent and frankly I'm not going to buy a new one just to take pictures of plastic soldiers!

Anyway, here they are:


Clearly they need their bases sorting out but otherwise I'm pretty pleased with how they've turned out. The models are an absolute joy to paint and the detail on them is gorgeous. I'm still working on the haemos but I'll stick pictures of them up once they're finished.

What I like best about these guys are the toxin pipes and tanks that run around the models. Having something to make them stand out is important for me and without the bright green touches they'd look pretty bland I reckon.

I've got another squad of these yet to be painted so I might do a little step-by-step when I get round to doing them if people are interested. It'll be after Blog Wars though since I don't have time to paint anything I don't need for the tournament!

I'd love to know what you guys think, good or bad.

8 comments:

  1. looking sexy pal - shouldnt this be on kabalite tho?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'm going to shut down Kabalite because (as people correctly pointed out) I can't keep two going on my own!

      Delete
  2. I agree, the bright green helps the models stand out overall. Maybe the bases could be finished off with a wash or two to tone the sand down and darken the mood overall?

    They models look great.
    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron. I learn most of my painting techniques from FTW but frankly I'm just not that good at it!

      The bases aren't done yet. I tend to do the entire army at once so that they're all consistent. To be honest basing is something I want to work more on but since I tend to be painting to a deadline they sadly get left looking pretty basic.

      Delete
  3. Nice contrast on the skin. Any plans to add some gore or dried blood the weapons? Also, I'm curious how the molds were 'cause mine were a wreck(pardon the pun)? I had to re-sculpt and convert them pretty heavily due to bad miscasts.
    Zab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't make my mind up about dried blood on weapons. Sometimes it looks really good and other times it looks well... tacky. I'd probably make a bad job of it so I don't think I'll risk it!

      Of the 10 wracks I bought there was only one that was a miscast. I have to say the rest were pretty much perfect. There's a couple of bubbles in some of the pipes which I only saw after painting though!

      Delete
  4. These look amazing, I was wondering how you did the green bits, what colors or techniques you used for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very old pot of scorpion green painted straight over white. Moot green isn't a bad approximation I think but doesn't go on as nicely.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...