Sunday, January 31, 2016

Ghostkeel Winner & Apologies for the Absence!

First off, apologies, it's been over two weeks since I last posted. This has been for a combination of reasons. The most significant being that me and my wife got hooked on Making A Murderer so we've been binge watching that of the last week or so. I've also been trying to get some hobby stuff done, particularly on scenery. Well, we've finished the show now and we're back to our usual watching habits so hopefully February will see more frequent posts than January (or the latter part at least) did.

Speaking of the hobby work, I'll try and post some stuff up on that soon. I'm hoping to do quite a bit of work on it this week so I may even have some finished stuff to show you guys. I'm basically working towards adding more scatter terrain to my meagre collection of Winter scenery and then starting work on my desert board which will be the next scenery project. Somewhere in between all that though I've got to get two Imperial Knights up to a decent standard for a Doubles event in March. I really can't see that happening but maybe with judicious airbrush usage I might get further than I think. Worst case I can borrow Matt's but I'd rather use my own.

That's all I've got for today but I'll leave you with one thing. Tickets are now on sale for Double Trouble which takes place in June. You can read more about DT here, where you can also find details of how to get your ticket(s). Anyway, like my last event, Blog Wars, Double Trouble will feature a raffle with generous prizes. One of the winners at BWX was Jonathan Lyness who won a Tau Ghostkeel. Jonathan sent me a couple of pictures of his Ghostkeel that I thought I'd share with you guys. I'm trying to get some pictures of the Stormsurge which Ian Plumpton won which I'll share with you if I get them. Anyway, here's Jonathan's Ghostkeel:




PS. A couple of people had told me they'd had trouble viewing the blog and it was causing their browsers to slow down/crash. I've changed a couple of things that will hopefully fix it but would appreciate the feedback about whether it's worked or not.

4 comments:

  1. Well... the last time I had trouble when commenting... I have just sat here with the comments box open for a few minutes, and typed then deleted so much gibberish that if it was a character/keystroke issue, I would have definitely replicated it, and no problems thus far...

    My tentative guess is problem resolved? Touch wood... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this in my feed, the only words that registered were "wife" and "murderer", and I'm really glad that the reason for your lack of posting is way less serious than that first glance implied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the chaff needs to fall by the wayside so we can hobby(!) lol :p

      Delete
  3. I'll take some photos of the Stormsurge tonight at some point and e-mail them across Alex :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...